Janjehli is a very beautiful and less crowded place located in Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh. It is at 2100 meters above sea level and is 80 km from Mandi and 160 km from Shimla. It is famous for its apple orchards.
How to reach Janjehli?
Janjehli is well connected by Shimla, Chandigarh and Mandi. If you are coming from Delhi or Chandigarh, first reach Sundar Nagar. After crossing Sundar Nagar, take right turn for Janjehli. It is a 85 km long narrow road that is well built. You can drive your car here or will find taxis from Sundar Nagar and Mandi.
If you are coming from Shimla, follow one of the route:
- Via Tattapani – Pangna – Rohanda – Chail Chowk – Janjehli (225 km)
- Via Tattapani – Chindi – Chhatri – Janjehli (200 km)
- Via Narkanda – Sainj – Luhri – Nagan – Chhatri – Janjehli (160 km)
All these routes are full of natural beauty and you will definitely enjoy driving on these roads.
How to reach Janjehli by public transport?
Nearest Railway Station: Chandigarh
Nearest Airport: Chandigarh
From Delhi/Chandigarh: Take any bus going to Mandi, Kullu or Manali and get down at Ner Chowk or Mandi. Delhi to Mandi is about 420 km and buses take 9-10 hours. Chandigarh to Mandi is about 200 km and buses take about 5 hours. Now board another bus from Mandi or Ner Chowk for Janjehli. It is about 80 km and 3 hours journey. An overnight bus runs between Delhi and Janjehli.
From Shimla: There are many direct buses from Shimla, that take about 8 hours.
Where to stay in Janjehli?
There are many hotels and homestays in and around Janjehli. For best experience, stay in any homestay near Dhim Kataru village.
What to do in Janjehli?
Janjehli is famous for its serene atmosphere and nature. You should come here if you are nature lover. Some points of interest are:
- Shikari Mata: It is a temple located 16 km from Janjehli at an altitude of 3300m. You can drive your vehicle upto 15 km and last 1 km is walking path. You will find taxis at Janjehli market easily that charge Rs. 1200 for to and fro trip.
- Budha Kedar: If you love jungle walking, you must visit Budha Kedar temple. It is located on trekking route from Janjehli to Shikari Mata. You may go to Shikari Mata by road and return by this route. It is a jungle trail and you will enjoy it.
- Tungasi Temple: It is a trekking route located at 3150 me above sea level and about 5 km from Janjehli.
- Chhatri: Magroo Mahadev temple is must to see.
- Bhulah: It is a vast meadow on the way to Shikari Mata.
Places to See Around Janjehli
Best Time to go Janjehli
Best time for Janjehli is January to December. Weather is pleasant with cool air and sometimes rain in March to June.
July to September is monsoon time and best green surrounding and apple.
October to December is cooler time and January to February is snow time. The roads are opened throughout the year, but Shikari Mata temple gets closed in winters.
Mobile Network in Janjehli
Very good connectivity of BSNL, Airtel, Vodafone and JIO also.
If you have any query about Tirthan Valley, please let us know: